Tuesday, May 24, 2005

How to find a court and confuse the state of Sweeden

Today I got lost. I was trying to find the Central London County Court. I checked on the Court Service website, which told me that it was at the bottom of Regents Street. However, when I got there this morning there was no sign of a court at all. Where the court should have been there was a clothes shop. For the first time in a long while I felt well and truly stuck. I ended up asking the following people, none of whom knew where the court in question was located:

1. Police station
2. Postman
3. Taxi Driver
4. About 6 business men
6. Old man
7. The Swedish Embassy (who were confused and jumpy)

Finally I found a policeman outside the Chinese Embassy who radioed his station (probably the same one I had visited!) and found it on his map for me. Good old bobbies. It turned out the court was right at the top of Regents street, a good 45 minute walk from my starting point at Waterloo. I watched some thoroughly entertaining cases. That's a story for another day though. Now I am writing an opinion advising someone as to whether they can sue a policeman. Perhaps it is the same one that helped me! Be ye ever so high...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home