Sunday, July 10, 2005

Re-working Festus

Well its a little while since I last posted. After two weeks script checking GCSEs at AQA, I have now received my Bar Vocational Course results (much to my surprise it appears that I did rather well) and am preparing to move to York at the end of this week. This represents the culmination of a lot of elbow grease, prayer and waiting. Having planned for a long time to make the move, I am very relieved to know that it is going ahead for certain. I start work proper on 22nd July, as an advocate in county courts across the north east. This, combined with my results, will hopefully put me in a good position for pupillage in 2006-7, as well as being excellent advocacy experience. Most of my work to start with will involve arguing on behalf of banks to try to get possession orders where mortgagors have failed to pay their installments. The amount of case law and the obviously traumatic nature of repossession will make my work challenging but will prepare me well for a career at the Bar. I will also be doing some small claims, interim applications and costs hearings.

If anyone has not got my new address, email me and I will send it to you. For professional reasons I am not posting it on this site.

1 Comments:

At 8:41 pm , Blogger cfg said...

Congrats on your results Peter.. Pete T said you'd done pretty well! Sadly I'm heading down to London on 22nd July so there won't be much overlap with you heading up this way...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home