Friday, August 26, 2005

Humble Eye

Dear Chaps (a generic term meaning 'everyone')

I have been bombarded with requests for more posts (well ok, one request for more posts...) and am thus bowing to popular demand.

Interesting week. Not that many cases. I seemed to lose rather a lot of them. On the whole I reckon this is because it was virtually impossible for them to be won. Still it has been good fun trying to get round that rather challenging obstacle. I think I am getting there! Today I went to court in Leeds for the first time. I got a bit of a going over by some solicitors when I asked them if DJ Giles was a Deputy District Judge. It seems he isnt and would be rather offended at the suggestion. Never mind eh! Case was a bit of a shocker. I met Gav Forrest and Tom Thrower for coffee afterwards. This was great, if a little rushed. Tom seems to be heading for spectacular things, though I dont want to pre-empt that news. And young Gavin has almost finished his Computing diploma. Such knowledgable chaps! Please Note: Cafe Nero, unlike Starbucks, does not accept Switch.

I picked up Cecilia from Ren-O-Man who had been replacing her indicator switch because it wasnt going onto full beam. This (hopefully) is the last thing that needs doing to my car, and thus I have deemed that I shall spend no more money maintaining it at least until Christmas, and hopefully Easter 2006. I think it was worth getting service etc out the way to make sure she is reliable.

Last night, after I had done a bit of DIY on the living room furniture (dont ask) we went down to 'Ye Old Starre Inn' to watch good old Welsh Alex do his first live performance (and his last before he gets a contract methinks). This was excellent. He was true to form and, being a natural showman, went down a storm. Nice evening.

It being a bank holiday weekend, a hike with Thrower is in the offing for Monday. Marvellous. I also understand that various people are going to dropping by on their way to places. This is exactly what I was hoping would happen, and I encourage more of it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home