Friday, May 27, 2005

Football Managers - how to control them.

Its jolly hot at the moment. This is a good thing on the whole. On Wednesday evening I went to watch the 'big' match with my cell group from Church. Some of them seemed to know a lot about football, which was useful because I didnt.

The most interesting part of the game for me was the opportunity to observe the behaviour of the managers. I noticed that they are kept within a small box marked with dotted lines on the grass. Apparently if they wander out of this they can be shot. Anyway during the match I noticed that they often failed to look down to see whether they were going out of this box. This interested me - it was as if they cared more about the players that they were shouting at than their own lives. It reminded me of Christ.

I left before the penalties, on the assumption that I wouldnt get to see the managers boxes after the end of extra time.

1 Comments:

At 1:33 am , Blogger cfg said...

An intriguing new perspective on a old favourite.. I'll look differently at football managers in future! keep it up Sherve, i'm loving your snapshots of life in the big city.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home