Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Platform 8.5


Apologies for another delay... hmmm. what has been happening. Yestarday I was in Sheffield County Court. I had lunch in a little cafe with a downstairs bit. It was rather cramped and I ended up enjoying my all day breakfast on a table shared with two elderly ladies. I was rather suprised to note that their lunch consisted almost entirely of chips. This frightened me a little, but also amused me. I mean, what do you have to loose from such a diet when you are booked in to expire in the next few years anyway. I thought this whilst reading an article on renewable energy in this week's economist, which interested me greatly. Later on I was threatened by a wayward madman and almost became one when faced with the prosepect of sitting in the court's waiting room for an hour and a half.

Generally things are going well at the moment. I have a fair amount of work. York Evangelical Church is proving an excellent base. We have finally finished watching series 2 of 24.

Not sure why but I keep getting this powerful desire to polish my car. This activity would be entirely pointless as I will be driving it to Grimsby on Thursday and Newcastle on Saturday, both of which will make it dirty. Still I struggle to resist. The picture above was taken in the car-park of B&Q last Saturday. It hardly begins to express the turmoil through which it went going to Bridlington and back last Friday. It is a treacherous route at the best of times and on this occassion this was exacerbated by thick fog and my being stuck behind a cattle lorry from which slurry poured forth everytime a corner was turned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home