Monday, May 30, 2005

Observations on Badminton

Today was rather lazy, though I got a bit of work done. The following interesting things happened:

1. Played badminton. This I havent done for a while. I realised that it is a marvellous little game. Furthermore I found it was a useful catalyst for a brief psychoanalysis of my opponent.

2. After a coffee with Jon Dowland and Kate Hunt we descended upon the second hand bookshop in Oxfam. My expectations were exceeded and I found several books which I had been looking for, including another Dostoyevsky, a compilation of Steinbeck novels and a Gogol. I bought these partly for the purpose of reading them, and partly in order to weigh myself down and thus make the journey back home more challenging still.

3. I did a LOT of washing up, and realised that I find it thoroughly invigorating.

2 Comments:

At 9:20 pm , Blogger cfg said...

A useful catalyst?!

 
At 10:58 pm , Blogger cfg said...

Yes it was. I thought so. Oh, I appear to be posting as Clare Miller. How frightening.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home