Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Observations on Star Wars

Today I got the train to Edinburgh. The journey brought to my attention several attractive.. oh actually before I start on that I ought to mention that Miller got up at a catastrophic 12PM - Gavin nearly went into cardiac arrest when I told him, so I guess it is significant enough to get into the blog. Oh and I also discovered the joys of hedge trimming today, a subject to which I shall return on Thursday.

Anyway, back to that train journey. The following attractive features of Scotland were noticed:
1. Many of the houses are made of concrete, or at least have pebbledash walls. Gavin says this is because Scots dont like to spend money on their houses, but I think it is more to do with the wild elements which these houses must withstand. The concrete lends them an rough hewn, earthy quality which sends me into overdrive.

2. The nuclear power station next to the railway line. This excited me somewhat, and I jumped about a bit in my seat until I noticed someone staring at me.

3. Instead of the endless nettles and vine like plants which grow by the railway line in London, Scotland's railways have thistle growing on their banks. I like this.

3. The bus drivers are very gruff and tell you not to stand in the doorway.

We went to watch the new Star Wars film. I thought it was excellent - everything fell into place nicely.

2 Comments:

At 9:18 pm , Blogger cfg said...

Completely untrue... I was up before 11! And this is after going to bed at 3.30am on the previous night - think i needed the rest!

 
At 10:49 pm , Blogger Jon Dowland said...

Wow I had to sign up to blogger to post this comment! I blogged about you: see here.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home