Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Ian Paisley and the Pigeons.

Today has been a long wind up to a pupillage interview in London. I think the interview went well - they asked me interesting questions and I felt I at least had a chance to get my teeth into it.

I have really got into sermonaudio.com which is a brilliant and huge database of sermons on mp3. On the way I listened to '5 Steps To Genuine Revival' by Ian Paisley. This was a superb sermon - having only come across Paisley in a political context, I wasn't aware of what a brilliant preacher he is - good old fashioned style.

Tozer, whom I listened to on the way back, is not such an obviously powerfully advocate, but his sermon 'What Is It To Accept Jesus?' was also fabulous - looking at the danger of the word 'acceptance' being taken as passive.

I am also a BIG fan of Ben Medlock's music page. The first track is my favourite - this is really superb stuff.

A pigeon hit the train whilst Ian Paisley was on. Lots of feathers flew about.

1 Comments:

At 6:16 pm , Blogger cfg said...

Perhaps i'll check out Paisley...people keep recommending sermonaudio etc and I'm on their mailing list but I never get around to downloading something. I should give it a go.

p.s. inline links.. very nice ;-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home